Kooloo-Effing-Limpah

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Kooloo-Effing-Limpah

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Once again a crap character gets a spin-off game! It will probably be better than Shadow the Hedgehog though!

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

I never really had any problems with Tingle other them him occasionally freaking me out, but my reaction is still "That's unexpected" mode.
~Neo

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

WHY? Does anyone outside of the Zelda team actually like this character? Really?

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Man, my head is still confused with all this japanese jiggery-pokery.

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

I happen to like Tingle, in a Haha-that's-kinda-fucking-creepy sort of way.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Tingle was great in Majora's Mask, really fit in with the creepy fairy tale tone of the game, and perhaps for that reason the other versions of "Tingle" carrying on his legacy just haven't worked for me.

I can't make a comment on the game itself of course, with absolutely no information about it, but it's such a damn strange choice for a spinoff. As far as Zelda characters go Tingle is pretty infamous, but not enough that a solo game would be as easily marketable as most spinoffs. I thought we'd sooner see Princess Zelda get her own (proper) game... and I don't want that either.

I'm growing increasingly concerned about the integrity of the Zelda series. Twilight Princess looks fantastic of course, but Wind Waker wasn't as good as it should have been (though still very enjoyable). Four Swords Adventures was a fun, well designed and unique experience but bordered very close on being too gimmicky and the recycled graphics, music, characters and plot elements gave too much of a "been there done that" feeling. The Minish Cap was enjoyable, one of the best Game Boy Advance games around, but, along with the "been there done that" feeling it simply wasn't anywhere near as strong as the previous Zelda games (NES games aside), it was much shorter, the world map was ludicrously small, there weren't as many dungeons as usual and it all felt too linear, the puzzles lacking in the usual ingenuity, which is a damn shame because Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages, also from Capcom, were really damn good games, even when one is taken completely stand-alone.

No major missteps or screw-ups yet, but I hope that this trend doesn't continue. Including this Tingle game and Twilight Princess there will have been 5 Zelda games since 2002, 6 if you include the Four Swords bonus game on the GBA A Link to the Past port, whilst there were 13 years inbetween the release of the first and sixth Zelda games (CD-i, re-releases/ports and Sattelaview aside).

Zelda games are best off being a once in a while, always a gold standard in video gaming, with no spinoffs.

The last thing we need is another whored out video game mascot that ends up a shell of its former glory.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

What makes me annoyed about Tingle is his absense on that manga by Akira Himegawa.
Here's a link, if you're interested. Haha, link. http://www.zelda-infinite.com/files/man ... p=1&page=1

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Those comics are fantastic. I still need to order Four Swords Plus volume 2.

Are there any text file translations about? I've found plenty of scanlations, but I'd rather have a "script" to read beside the actual books.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I liked that manga, but since I never played Majora's Mask, I didn't notice Tingle's absence.

SuperKnux

Post by SuperKnux »

Tingle sucks.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

If the caption under that screen shot is accurate, his name in Japanese is "Tinkle."

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

As in wee-wee?

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

G.Silver wrote:If the caption under that screen shot is accurate, his name in Japanese is "Tinkle."
It is, which is why his brothers (in The Wind Waker and The Minish Cap) are named Knuckle and Ankle. I'm almost surprised the localisation staff didn't try to rename them Knuggle and Angle.

Squirrelknight
Utada wants me so much

Post by Squirrelknight »

Well at least Nintendo is using crappy Zelda characters in their spin-offs rather than putting the main characters like Link or Zelda into a tennis or basketball game. Crazy Penguin is right though, I really hope Nintendo doesn't ho Zelda out like they did with Mario.

Speaking of which, has anyone heard about Mario Basketball? Mario Basketball. It's being developed by Square Enix. Square. Basketball. Mario.

... Whatever.

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Squirrelknight wrote:Speaking of which, has anyone heard about Mario Basketball? Mario Basketball. It's being developed by Square Enix. Square. Basketball. Mario.

... Whatever.
Square-Enix are developing that game? So many fans want to see a Square made follow up to Super Mario RPG: Legends of the Seven Stars(not me though) and instead they're making a Basketball game? That makes sense!

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

For some reason, "Tingle" sounds much more obscene than "Tinkle".
Also, Square?

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

The tought boggles my mind...whatever "boggles" means.

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

Speaking of which, has anyone heard about Mario Basketball? Mario Basketball. It's being developed by Square Enix. Square. Basketball. Mario.

Wha-? Didn't they already failed at the racing and fighting genre and proved they're only decent with RPGs?
~Neo