Someone bought a Sonic X-treme demo for 2500 bucks.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Light Speed
Sexified

Someone bought a Sonic X-treme demo for 2500 bucks.

Post by Light Speed »

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/03/09/man-p ... reme-demo/

I thought this was kind of interesting. Supposedly some former Sega employee had this uncompleted version of Sonic X-treme that has a playable demo. It is uncompleted cause the game was never finished, but aside from another similar disc locked up tight at Sega HQ, this is the only copy in existance. The guy even claims that it was his job to destroy the remaining discs, so either he was allowed to keep one or snagged one and waited until he no longer worked at Sega to pawn it off. The whole thing seems kind of fishy to me. Oh, the best part is the guy selling the demo was doing it through another person. Ah well, long story short, someone bought it for 2500 dollars.

If anyone here has already seen this 80 times, I apologize.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Let's hope he shares it with the community. Maybe those kids over at the CulT could copy it or something.

DackAttac

Write my prescription; I'm dating a chronic disease

Post by DackAttac »

I thought that game sucked. Am I mistaken, or did someone just--dare I say it--make a huge mistake?

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Even if it did suck he spent 2500 dollars on what I think is just a few minute long demo. I don't think it sucking matters, I guess he just really wanted it for some reason.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Some people have more money than sense. Damn, I wish I knew these people who blow thousands of dollars on stupid shit. Maybe they'd give me some money, being that I'm a stupid shit.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Take anything you think is worth a couple grand and I'll find someone who thinks you have more money then sense and thinks your purchase is stupid shit.

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

I actually posted this on the Newsboard when the auction originally happened.
Let's hope he shares it with the community. Maybe those kids over at the CulT could copy it or something.
Apparently, the auction was rigged to specifically exclude members of the Sonic community from accessing the demo.

Almost immediately after the auction ended, the winner promised to release a video of the demo, but, as the video has yet to surface, this was probably an attempt to inflict further disappointment on those who lost the auction.

You can read more about the auction here.

^_^

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Well that sucks.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

big_smile wrote:I actually posted this on the Newsboard when the auction originally happened.
Apparently, the auction was rigged to specifically exclude members of the Sonic community from accessing the demo.

Almost immediately after the auction ended, the winner promised to release a video of the demo, but, as the video has yet to surface, this was probably an attempt to inflict further disappointment on those who lost the auction.

You can read more about the auction here.

^_^
Oh, I wasn't really posting here during that time, sorry. :)

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

So it was only allowed to be bid on by people who didn't want it?

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

If you had read the linked article it notes that some guy joined the bid and put himself down for excessively high numbers. By doing this, evidently, members of the Sonic community decided this guy was going to win and didn't bother contributing to a communal bid being organized by the Sonic community. Apparently later the guy claims he had no intention of actually purchasing the game and was simply overbidding in an effort to foil the community. He gave contradictory reasons and statements for why he did it and who he is.

SuperKnux

Post by SuperKnux »

Wow, what a dick.

IrkenSnax
Location: Ever wonder what those weird noises in your attic are?

Post by IrkenSnax »

I'm amazed he hasn't been captured and tortured yet....