whats wrong with sonic heroes

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

There's a crack in the wall, Lakwren.

Lakwren

Post by Lakwren »

Delphine wrote:There's a crack in the wall, Lakwren.
Are you sure about that? That circle with a "?" inside of it said to find a switch to make the door open... It was just after you go through an invisible path the second time in that level (Hang Castle?).

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

And the switch couldn't possibly be behind the crack in the wall.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Del knows too much about Sonic Heroes! She must love the game! Burn her at the stake!!

Lakwren

Post by Lakwren »

Delphine wrote:And the switch couldn't possibly be behind the crack in the wall.
I think you misread me. The switch was behind some crates, and it was a pull-switch. When I pulled the switch the door still did not open. I would have noticed a crack in the wall, because I looked everywhere, even flying above the door to see if there was another switch. I'll try looking again, but I'm sure I won't find anything..

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

Lakwren wrote:
Delphine wrote:And the switch couldn't possibly be behind the crack in the wall.
I think you misread me. The switch was behind some crates, and it was a pull-switch. When I pulled the switch the door still did not open. I would have noticed a crack in the wall, because I looked everywhere, even flying above the door to see if there was another switch. I'll try looking again, but I'm sure I won't find anything..
There be two switches. The other behind the crack in the wall to the right of the big door where you searched because you've searched everywhere but did not respond when the wall cracked open and a great big switch appeared before your eyes...

I don't think I've quite mastered this sarcasm thing yet.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

Segaholic2 wrote:Del knows too much about Sonic Heroes! She must love the game! Burn her at the stake!!
Nah, I just remember that part because I kept staring at the screen and saying, "Okay, where the FUCK is the other switch? I'm going to finish this piece of shit if it's the last thing I do mumble mutter grumble."

Also, I'm fire-proof.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Yeah, everyone gets stuck at that stupid switch-in-the-breakable-wall thing. I spent like 20 minutes trying to figure it out before I finally had to stoop to roaming the GameFAQs message boards.

I am ashamed and am also burnable. Please give me what I deserve.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

She's a witch, burn her!...Oh, <i>wench,</i> right..They don't burn...

Build a bridge out of her!...Wait, that's a witch again...

Monty Python rules.

Ya'll just <i>had</i> to give the answer away didn't ya'll?
Green Gibbon! wrote:I am ashamed and am also burnable. Please give me what I deserve.
Where's Zeta when you need him?

Final_Cosmos_the_Ultra
Douche Bag
Douche Bag

Post by Final_Cosmos_the_Ultra »

Sonic Heroes sucked so many ways.

1. Shitty Game Play

2. Shitty Controls

3. To many fucking voids and pits.

4. You don't get to fight Metal Sonic.

5. Too many bitching annoying and cheap deaths.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Ummm, the final boss is Metal Sonic. It isn't the same though...

Lakwren

Post by Lakwren »

Owen Axel wrote:
Lakwren wrote:
There be two switches. The other behind the crack in the wall to the right of the big door where you searched because you've searched everywhere but did not respond when the wall cracked open and a great big switch appeared before your eyes...

I don't think I've quite mastered this sarcasm thing yet.
I didn't even break the wall. I couldn't even see the cracked wall in the first place.

Well, thanks for telling me.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

It's worth getting to the second haunted mansion stage. It's got these amazing areas where, GET THIS, you're inside rooms and, as unbelivable as it may sound, there are NO bottomless pits for you to fall into and die. I know, I could scarcely believe it myself. Good thing Egg Fleet comes next, or the sudden lack of places to fall down and die might scare people into not wanting to play anymore.

Ecco

Post by Ecco »

Owen Axel wrote:It's worth getting to the second haunted mansion stage. It's got these amazing areas where, GET THIS, you're inside rooms and, as unbelivable as it may sound, there are NO bottomless pits for you to fall into and die. I know, I could scarcely believe it myself. Good thing Egg Fleet comes next, or the sudden lack of places to fall down and die might scare people into not wanting to play anymore.
Oh, come on, you can't blame Egg Fleet and Final Fortress for having bottomless pits. You'd expect that a stage that takes place in the sky to have the ever present danger of falling to your doom, especially if it's near the end of the game. It's a feature common to most Sonic stages that are in the sky, from Sky Base to Wing Fortress to Egg Utopia to Sky Deck.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

Ecco wrote:
Owen Axel wrote:It's worth getting to the second haunted mansion stage. It's got these amazing areas where, GET THIS, you're inside rooms and, as unbelivable as it may sound, there are NO bottomless pits for you to fall into and die. I know, I could scarcely believe it myself. Good thing Egg Fleet comes next, or the sudden lack of places to fall down and die might scare people into not wanting to play anymore.
Oh, come on, you can't blame Egg Fleet and Final Fortress for having bottomless pits. You'd expect that a stage that takes place in the sky to have the ever present danger of falling to your doom, especially if it's near the end of the game. It's a feature common to most Sonic stages that are in the sky, from Sky Base to Wing Fortress to Egg Utopia to Sky Deck.
No, no. I'm perfectly okay with Egg Fleet and Final Fortress being full of pits. It makes sense that a flying installation would carry the risk of slipping off the edge and falling hundreds of miles to your death. I'm just making fun of the general nonsensical ever-presence of the pits. Hell, if it was just Egg Fleet then I wouldn't be complaining at all.

(I don't care if it's a jungle swamp. SOMEONE has to know how to swim!)

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

It's worth getting to the second haunted mansion stage. It's got these amazing areas where, GET THIS, you're inside rooms and, as unbelivable as it may sound, there are NO bottomless pits for you to fall into and die. I know, I could scarcely believe it myself. Good thing Egg Fleet comes next, or the sudden lack of places to fall down and die might scare people into not wanting to play anymore.
Mystic Mansion will forever remain as my favorite level in Sonic Heroes and that's saying a lot The levels are freaky, unique, and just plain awesome. I recently played it for the first time with the Chaotix. Amazing.
No, no. I'm perfectly okay with Egg Fleet and Final Fortress being full of pits. It makes sense that a flying installation would carry the risk of slipping off the edge and falling hundreds of miles to your death. I'm just making fun of the general nonsensical ever-presence of the pits. Hell, if it was just Egg Fleet then I wouldn't be complaining at all.

Exactly how I feel. Egg Fleet/Final Fortress can have all them pit fall death of doom because of the stage behind it, but the fact that nearly all the stages in Sonic Heroes has pits you can easily fall to your doom, it irks me.
~Neo

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

I actually fell to my death less in Egg Fleet than any other stage except the first two. I fall alot in Final Fortress, though, usually while trying to switch rails because the grinding physics are totally dysfunctional.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

That ending part with the lasers you had to dodge was really evil. I had to replay that entire level like three times because of that. I hate that game. I hate all you guys that liked it too.

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

That ending part with the lasers you had to dodge was really evil. I had to replay that entire level like three times because of that. I hate that game. I hate all you guys that liked it too.

Ugh. That giant laser in the end...ugh...my sister needs to consider back that swear jar after I encounter that thing so many times.
~neo

Squirrelknight
Utada wants me so much

Post by Squirrelknight »

My first time playing through Final Fortress, I was experiencing a sudden burst of l33tness (or rather, sheer luck, as thats seems to be what most of the game is based on), and was doing a perfect run through Final Fortress... Never got hit, never died, got a reasonable score...

And then those PMS lasers ruined my perfect run. I believe I shelved the game after that, and only came back to it after a week or so.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Just use the flying character when you've got alot of rails. It especially helps when you have to jump over the spiked balls of doom.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Maybe the game shouldn't suck.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

That's actually very good advice. The game does suck, though.

Wyvernlord

Post by Wyvernlord »

The voice acting and dialouge in Heroes sucks. There were many occasions when I used the mute button. It's not as bad as Megaman X7's, but at least that had the option to switch to japanese. (Heroes only has the option in the PS2 version, which is reputed to be the most inferior of the three ports.)

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

While I do own the PS2 version, I have played Sonic Heroes on all three systems and from what I've experiences, there isn't too much of a difference. The scores after each level ending takes a while to load in the PS2 and the XBox has slightly smoother graphics, but I experienced very little change from all three systems.
~Neo