whats wrong with sonic heroes

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Lakwren

Post by Lakwren »

Spazz wrote:Just use the flying character when you've got alot of rails. It especially helps when you have to jump over the spiked balls of doom.
Yeah, I did that... I got hit with the biggass laser, then flew up for a while until it went. I only died twice when the smaller lasers attacked me. That was probably because I stuck to fly formation. If I got knocked off then I could just fly back on.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

SA2B is my favorite Gamecube plattaformer game and I don´t have problems with SADX-It is still a bad idea to buy Sonic Heroes?

smiths32

Post by smiths32 »

It is still a bad idea to buy Sonic Heroes?
Yes, you could actually buy a video game that, get this, is decent, Sonic Heroes is far inferior to even SA2B, at least that had story.

BTW, I'm the only one who thinks that grinding sucks? I mean in SA2B, it wasn't so bad: hop on to the odd rail for speed, do some grinding in do get past a section etc. But here, they devote a whole level to pressing square and putting up with the horrible transfering, I mean you have to pray to God that you don't fall to you're doom (but then you do that whether your grinding or not).

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

There were whole levels in SA2 devoted to grinding, remeber Final Rush, and that one that Shadow was in, Rail Canyon or something.

smiths32

Post by smiths32 »

I remember those two, but I still remember them having more normal elements, and just using a rail to get from point A to B in short bursts in Rail Canyon (which I remember being quite fun). Final Rush was a bit of a bitch, but still nothing compared to Sonic Heroes.

Lakwren

Post by Lakwren »

Ehh, you're complaining too much. Sonic Heroes isn't that bad, it's just a few things in it that can piss you off, but you can make it through the game even with them. I did, and I'm sure all of the people here are better at games than me. Also, I didn't have any trouble jumping from rail to rail. All I did was lean left or right then press A. They're stuck to the things like glue.

I would never play SA2:B's story all over again, because that would mean I'd have to go through that "collect the emerald shards" bullshit. Sonic Heroes doesn't have that collecting crap going on, with the exception of Team Chaotix, and it's tolerable there.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Anyone know which had more grinding in it; Final Chase or Final Rush? Or were they about the same?
Remember how annoying those green gravitational cylinders were?
Lakwren wrote:Sonic Heroes doesn't have that collecting crap going on, with the exception of Team Chaotix, and it's tolerable there.
I thought it was worse, you had to go <i>through</i> the level, collect/activate like <i>25</i> things, and if you didn't get them all the first time, you had to start from the beginning and without even some kind of locator/radar thing.

Lakwren

Post by Lakwren »

Spazz wrote:
Lakwren wrote:Sonic Heroes doesn't have that collecting crap going on, with the exception of Team Chaotix, and it's tolerable there.
I thought it was worse, you had to go <i>through</i> the level, collect/activate like <i>25</i> things, and if you didn't get them all the first time, you had to start from the beginning and without even some kind of locator/radar thing.
Yeah, that's true. I've only encountered that problem once, though...

The radars were a bit of help, but they were really confusing anyway. I remember that level where you had to search 3 planets for the emerald shards... That was the most annoying level I've ever played.

Also, if someone is so stumped about the whereabouts to the items you have to collect/activate, you could always get a walkthrough. I'm pretty sure with the Rouge/Knuckles levels, the placement of the shards was always different, so you can't. If I'm wrong, someone tell me.

Ecco

Post by Ecco »

The placement is always different, but there are only a certain number of set locations that they may appear in. Which locations are selected and which order they are collected in is totally random, though (except on hard mode, where the locations and orders are always the same every time). I only really found two of those stages to be really annoying, and the were Death Chamber for Knuckles and Mad Space for Rouge. The game is still my favorite Sonic game, though.

And I would also like to know what a lot of people find so wrong about Sonic Adventure 2 as well, since there recently seems to be a lot of bashing of that game going on around here since Sonic Heroes was released.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

It was just annoying that they forced you to play all the other stories. The Sonic and Shadow levels felt like a reward after beating the hunting and shooting levels. The Sonic and Shadow levels were the fewest of the bunch too, like 4 or 5 each.

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

Light Speed wrote:It was just annoying that they forced you to play all the other stories. The Sonic and Shadow levels felt like a reward after beating the hunting and shooting levels. The Sonic and Shadow levels were the fewest of the bunch too, like 4 or 5 each.

An oldie but a goodie.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

pwn3d.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Who was pwn3d? And whose idea was it to spell owned with a 'p'.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

Perpetuate a typo long enough, and suddenly it becomes "cool" (kewl) to misspell.

That P is dangerously close to the O...