Where else do you weirdos go

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Where else do you weirdos go

Post by Delphine »

Although certain people who frequent this forum flagrantly avoid social networking as if it were Pestilence incarnate, some of us actually enjoy talking to people, especially through the filter that is the internet -- thank god I don't have to actually see any of you people. My social failure regarding face-to-face interaction is substantial enough that I'm sure I missed the autism branch by a hairsbreadth.

Anyway, where y'all at? I dislike Facebook, but I'm on Twitter, Dreamwidth, Flickr, and Plurk, and XBL all under the pretentious username auguris. I'm also on the Nanowrimo site, if anyone else is crazy enough to attempt it.

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Re: Where else do you weirdos go

Post by Kogen »

I use Twitter under the name Epicenter712. Otherwise I just stick to IM, chats, some forums, and gamery. I have never really even tried things such as Facebook or MySpace and I never intend to.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Facebook! I'm on there, but eh.

I can be found on Twitter, DeviantArt, and am also known to make a webcomic.

I used to post on other forums but I stopped for some reason, and when I tried to find new forums recently I found that I just didn't care about what other people have to say.

CM August

Post by CM August »

One or two other forums that I check up on but rarely post. I've been considering signing up to Twitter, but that's about it as far as 'social networking' sites go. The rest are a selection of video, image and news sites. It's getting to be a bit of a drag actually, especially since I haven't been interested in playing a video game for a good while. Lately it feels like I'm just killing time between work.

Oh, I'm also on AIM and a bunch of other clients.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

The only two 'social networking' sites I use are deviantART and Youtube, if that counts. Otherwise I usually network socially in real life.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

SpazzTH on Twitter, deviantART, formspring, Skype, XBL as well as any Google-run site and eBay, of course.
Spazz on Sonic Retro and MyFigureCollection. I also pretend to run Sonic Eats Rings

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

Kogen wrote:I use Twitter under the name Epicenter712.
My good sir, I do suspect you are being disingenuous.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I'm on Facebook, but I don't really participate much elsewhere. I have Twitter and YouTube accounts, but I don't really use them.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

I do not do the social network thing, but I do have a website that has comics on it.

Kogen

Post by Kogen »

G.Silver
Drano Master

Re:

Post by G.Silver »

Senbei wrote:I do have a website that has comics on it.
I remember some of these drawings, but have you mentioned any of your comics (besides the Batman cover) over in the art thread? I didn't realize you'd done so much, that Jungle Book adaptation is something else!

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

Thanks! I had not mentioned them, I guess because I didn't feel they were that good immediately after making and uploading them. (And, of course, I'm slightly intimidated by your and Esrever's more professional stuff.) I like them better now, but Jungle Book in particular could still use a lot of work.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

You shouldn't be intimidated! Your stuff is great. (And the only difference between a professional and an amateur is how successful you've been at tricky people into paying you!)

G.Silver
Drano Master

Post by G.Silver »

I haven't even tricked anyone!

P.P.A.
Now Playing: Flying Princess - Inter Breed -
Mount & Blade: Warband

Post by P.P.A. »

I actually have facebook and twitter, but I make abſolutely no uſe of the latter and only maintain the former in the unlikely caſe I ever find myſelf in a ſituation where I need to contact my claſſmates for whatever reaſon. IRC and inſtant meſſengers are much better means to ſtay in contact with friends and other people, in my opinion. I alſo have a YouTube account but haven’t uploaded anything ſince I loſt intereſt in ſpeedrunning a year or two ago. I wiſh I would uſe my Pixiv account more, but unfortunately I can never find the time to draw recently… The only ſite I ever keep up to date would be my blog, really.

Forum activity has reduced itſelf to pretty much juſt this very ſite; I rather lurk on IRC channels inſtead.

Does eRepublik count? It’s an MMO browſer‐baſed ſocio‐economic politics game, and I’m rather active there often ſerving in various political offices and running two companies.

Kogen

Post by Kogen »

Patrick Adolf, Herr Adal Wolf, what a noble wolf is he, runs two companies online.

Also he is a Buddhist! Oh this is delicious; yes, yes.

Crisis

Post by Crisis »

How do non-celebrities use Twitter? I don't use any social networks if I can possibly help it, but if I did, Twitter seems like it would be the most innocent and least time-consuming(/privacy-invading) option.

I also don't follow other forums, except for the Bad Science forum. It's almost as nerdy as this one but dedicated to the exposure of fraudulent scientific claims in the media. If that doesn't sound like much fun, check out Ben Goldacre's blog (or, if possible, his book) for a taste of the bizarre and often hilarious misleading science journalism out there. It's all British based so if you hear names like Gillian McKeith or terms like "MMR vaccine scare", just try and run with it. The forum covers a healthy mix of British and American scientific and political issues, taking perverse delight in poking holes in common arguments based on faulty logic or data.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

Crisis wrote:How do non-celebrities use Twitter?
By having friends who use it.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

I use IRC chat rooms, MSN, AIM and other forums. This is the only gaming forum I still visit...

I dislike facebook and Twitter, is just not my thing...

Crisis

Post by Crisis »

Arcade wrote:This is the only gaming forum I still visit...
I'm touched.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

I used to be a MySpace whore, but that was several years ago. I'm not that big on the social-networking scene anymore.

I did have a Facebook account for a short period of time. I don't understand the appeal of it. As far as social networking sites go, MySpace was infinitely better. Facebook allowed zero customization on pages, took forever to load, always froze, and the apps were irritating/useless. And whoever came up with the idea of poking needs a kick in the balls.

Never had a Twitter account, and don't plan to. What's the appeal of reading to the most boring, mundane details of other people's lives?

Crowbar

Post by Crowbar »

cjmcray wrote:Facebook allowed zero customization on pages
This is a point for Facebook. Have you ever actually looked at a customised Myspace page?

I have not received or given a Poke in literally years. I'm not even sure you can anymore. I don't know what you mean by the slow loading etc., that's never been a problem for me. The only thing I can say I dislike about Facebook is the shitty apps. But you can very easily never use them and ignore everybody else's use of them.

It is simply a tool for more easily keeping updated with your circle of friends.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

cjmcray wrote:As far as social networking sites go, MySpace was infinitely better. Facebook took forever to load, always froze
These sound more like qualities of custom MySpace pages.

Crisis

Post by Crisis »

Are we really having the MySpace/Facebook argument?