Shadow of a Hedgehog game: Shadow packs a GUN!!1

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

j-man wrote:I heard that Heavy and Bomb are hidden characters. The plot twist at the end is that Shadow is really Sonic's father, brother and uncle thanks to a bizarre accident involving a time machine and a contraceptive device.
Will there be any summoning of ghosts or tea involved?

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

I've heard that there may be some involvement of the two...

(....)

Post by (....) »

So I just found out about this, and, uh, what's with all the cynicism? I know you guys are a bit wierd (how anyone can favour SA over Sonic Heroes is beyond me), but were we watching the same trailer? It definitely shows promise. For a start, swapping Sonic for Shadow immediately adds potential for a greater depth of gameplay. Basically, we've got a faster version of Sonic who can freeze time and teleport. For all we know, the developers could go all Prince of Persia with it and it would be ace. As for the whole "Hero or Villain, you decide" stuff, whether they just have two modes (SA2 style) or decide to go all Fable with it, it still adds interest.

As for the gun, yeah it's a bit goofy. But following the discovery that Shadow is just one of Eggman's robots in SH, having him pack heat like the rest of them sort of makes sense.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Arrrghh... does...anyone...follow...storylines...
Shadow:

Was developed by Pf. Gerald

Is a living breathing thing, the robot was a ploy of Metal Sonic to put doubt into his head about his existence.

If you don't believe then read Geralds journals In Sonic Battle.

If the developers include chaos control, great, but the textures and rubbery characters will appear in the PS2 version at least because of the Heroes engine.

The fact is Shadow in his own game is a good idea, but not when you involve a gun, there are OTHER more suitable characters who could be used.

Also both points directly above have been made in this thread before.
One twist may not result in better gameplay as seen in Chaotix so
Chaos Control may or may not make better gameplay even if it is in the game.

There, it's out of my system.

Samface
Now Playing: Professor Layton and Pandora's Box, Enslaved

Post by Samface »

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

(....) wrote:So I just found out about this, and, uh, what's with all the cynicism? I know you guys are a bit wierd (how anyone can favour SA over Sonic Heroes is beyond me), but were we watching the same trailer? It definitely shows promise. For a start, swapping Sonic for Shadow immediately adds potential for a greater depth of gameplay. Basically, we've got a faster version of Sonic who can freeze time and teleport. For all we know, the developers could go all Prince of Persia with it and it would be ace. As for the whole "Hero or Villain, you decide" stuff, whether they just have two modes (SA2 style) or decide to go all Fable with it, it still adds interest.

As for the gun, yeah it's a bit goofy. But following the discovery that Shadow is just one of Eggman's robots in SH, having him pack heat like the rest of them sort of makes sense.
My brain requires cleansing after reading this.

SuperKnux

Post by SuperKnux »

(....) wrote:I know you guys are a bit wierd (how anyone can favour SA over Sonic Heroes is beyond me), but were we watching the same trailer? It definitely shows promise.
Wow. Just wow.

I'm going to guess you are one of those kids who thought of Max Payne when seeing the Sin City movie trailer.

"What is that suppose to mean?"

It means you're fucking retarded.

Gwilym

Post by Gwilym »

ace.
Oh Christ

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

(....) wrote:how anyone can favour SA over Sonic Heroes is beyond me
That, darling, requires "taste".
(....) wrote:But following the discovery that Shadow is just one of Eggman's robots in SH, having him pack heat like the rest of them sort of makes sense.
...what?

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

(....) wrote:So I just found out about this, and, uh, what's with all the cynicism? I know you guys are a bit wierd (how anyone can favour SA over Sonic Heroes is beyond me), but were we watching the same trailer? It definitely shows promise. For a start, swapping Sonic for Shadow immediately adds potential for a greater depth of gameplay. Basically, we've got a faster version of Sonic who can freeze time and teleport. For all we know, the developers could go all Prince of Persia with it and it would be ace. As for the whole "Hero or Villain, you decide" stuff, whether they just have two modes (SA2 style) or decide to go all Fable with it, it still adds interest.

Can you please sign up for an account so we can ban you? kthx

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

Also, when was it ever stated that Shadow was faster than Sonic? I thought, y'know, they went the same speed.

Grant

Post by Grant »

Everyone knows Sonic is just a lame version of Shadow. Just ask Sega of America!

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

plasticwingsband wrote:Also, when was it ever stated that Shadow was faster than Sonic? I thought, y'know, they went the same speed.
He's got a slightly higher speed stat in Sonic Battle because of his Air Shoes.

Samface

Post by Samface »

Crazy Penguin wrote:
Otherwise known as his Cheating-Ass Shoes.

Mind you, I'd use 'em if I had a pair of 'em. I'd float around singing "Rocket Man" all day.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Samface wrote:
Crazy Penguin wrote:
Otherwise known as his Cheating-Ass Shoes.

Mind you, I'd use 'em if I had a pair of 'em. I'd float around singing "Rocket Man" all day.
Personally, I'd sing "Don't Stop Me Now".

Post by Guest »

Delphine wrote:Thank you for your well thought out contribution to this discussion.

What can I say now? Sega has screwed up like I never thought they would. I feel lost. I've been a Sonic fan since I was a little kid. I feel empty anger and sadness. I still feel a little sick and my head hurts as to why they did this. Not to mention how they could be this stupid and stoop this low.
I know you guys are a bit wierd (how anyone can favour SA over Sonic Heroes is beyond me), but were we watching the same trailer? It definitely shows promise.
I truly detest you when I should pity you, but the hell with that you n00b ass poor excuse of a person wanna be Sonic fan bastard. Sonic Adventure was great. It's just after that the 3D games completely suck. Sonic Heroes makes Sonic 3D Blast look good and that's really saying something. God somebody knock some sense into Naka and the fan base while we're at it.

EmeraldGuardian

Post by EmeraldGuardian »

...May just be high hopes, but I'm 15 and eventually will get a job at Nintendo...someday...maybe I can wupp SOA's asses and get things to how they're supposed to be. -.-

Argent Silver

Post by Argent Silver »

This was enough to bring me out of lurking to say that I am officially no longer a Sonic fan. What the fucking hell...

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Argent Silver wrote:This was enough to bring me out of lurking to say that I am officially no longer a Sonic fan.
For shame. Aside from the fact that this is a scourge of SoA, it doesn't mean you shouldn't be a fan of the classics.
Last edited by Spazz on Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anon

Post by Anon »

Anonymous wrote:
Delphine wrote:Thank you for your well thought out contribution to this discussion.
Sonic Adventure was great. It's just after that the 3D games completely suck.
I liked SA2, if just for the fact that the stages were more than "Just hold up and occasionally tap 'A'." However, in design and atmosphere, SA2 > SA1.
Sonic Heroes makes Sonic 3D Blast look good and that's really saying something. God somebody knock some sense into Naka and the fan base while we're at it.
Cosign.

...if the game had an engine that hasn't been rehashed twice over (and wasn't that successful to begin with), had far more promising stage design, and didn't have a gun that's arguably taller than him, then maybe I would show more optimism. Right now, the only good thing that I can hope for is that maybe, just maybe Shadow will get decent character development... but that's not looking too bright either.

Damnit Sonic Team. Where's my 3D Tails Adventure?

Samface

Re: ...

Post by Samface »

Anon wrote: Damnit Sonic Team. Where's my 3D Tails Adventure?
I hear that!

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

plasticwingsband wrote:Also, when was it ever stated that Shadow was faster than Sonic? I thought, y'know, they went the same speed.
I agree on this as they can both use Chaos Control. Still, I can't help but think why nearly half a page is dedicated to "whose fastest?".

Oh yeah, I remember, an anonymous git with FUBAR taste brought up their petty addition to this thread.

On a final note in this post how can Sega have Shadow shoot the old classics that, let's face it, without them would nullify a whole selection of great characters, stories, games and an equally great and large fanbase.
It ain't sound as a pound mates.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Omni Hunter wrote:"whose fastest?"
Whose fastest? My fastest!

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

No shit, I need to watch my grammar. Oh well, shit happens.
*sound of shovel being pounded into one's face*
Last edited by Omni Hunter on Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Re: ...

Post by Frieza2000 »

Anon wrote: I liked SA2, if just for the fact that the stages were more than "Just hold up and occasionally tap 'A'." However, in design and atmosphere, SA2 > SA1.
I have no idea what you mean, because SA1's stages are mostly wide area with room for exploring and even a few puzzles. Not only are almost all the paths in SA2 surrounded by bottomless pits, but I remember holding down up for about 75% of the game. As for atmosphere, I assume you're referring to the kind of atmosphere you prefer, because SA1 is infinitely more detailed. They did spend 4 years on it after all.